Tuesday, November 6, 2007

...And for my NEXT Trick...

I know, alot of updates in the first couple of days.

Partially it's because I have alot to say lately--while the other part is that it's just sad to have a half-empty blog.

Art is a funny thing. It comes in fits and starts and then abandons you right on the edge of brilliance to fend for your sorry self. Pieces that you were totally thrilled with not two days ago suddenly turn ugly, and things you swore you'd burn turn up as the standard of loveliness.

Then there's the backsliding and stagnation in skill, style and technique, but that's a whole other sort of vegetable.

This piece is easily one of the best I've ever done. I've been trying to emulate its style and flow lately to no avail--I'll just have to keep on slogging through, it seems.
(WARNING: It's GIGANTIC. O_o)


....I'm the one in the upper right corner with the flag.

3 comments:

K said...

I LOVE this picture, and I know exactly what you mean. It's the same with music and writing - one day, you are soooo hot. The next day, you can't count in rhythm.

Well, hotcha -glad you keep writing.

Ginna said...

I really like that picture, and I remember when you started it--wasn't it quite a while ago? I'm always amazed at these drawings you do with all the different characters and all the little details of outfits and stuff. Amazing!
Keep up the posting, I like to read it!!

Murphy said...

Ghaaa! I know what you MEEAN!
I hate it when I get a brillian drawing and then I'm like "I can do that!" and then I can't.
That'll do Chaz.
:)