Friday, December 21, 2007

It Was There After-All!

I think I was just a little late in blinking the grit out of my eyes. Once I finally got them clear I realized that it really IS Christmas-time---and also that I have yet to send the gifts I have for the people I love who are far away. So they will be late.
But, if I may be trite for a moment, it is better to be late than never. This is certainly true, at least, in the case of non-perishable gifts.

It seems like the want of loved ones is more keenly felt at this blessed time than at any other time, but I am finding that I am instead realizing how lucky I am to HAVE these loved ones, be they down the street or across the country. The miles have ceased to matter to me mainly because I can hear their voices anytime I please thanks to the marvelous technology we have been given, and their faces are as fresh in my mind as if I had seen them only yesterday.

Distance is a small thing to those who have much to love and much more, even, to be grateful for.

There are boxes wrapped in my paper under the tree and I have no idea what is inside them. In fact, I only "asked" for one thing for Christmas--a pair of slim black leather gloves I could use for driving--so I have no idea what delights await me in their nests of vericoloured paper and glorious trappings of curled ribbon and shiney bows.

My mother spoils us rotten.

That or she decided to wrap all the socks seperately this year to ensure the prolonging of the festivities.

My dear older brother said he can never read my blog posts because they're just TOO LONG. Well, pooh to that. I hope it was sufficiantly short this time.

As for the creative offering--I did this in the summer and there is A LOT wrong with it, but there're still things about it of which I am very fond. It was a gift to a friend I met online and it's both of us as characters done in the style of "Fire Emblem" a game of which she and I are both very fond. I'm the one with the purple hair and the book (Fire Emblem is a strategy game in which you control a small army of various units belonging to certain classes, each of which have various strengths and weaknesses in battle. I'm supposed to be a shaman--a user of arcane ancient magics, a scholar and a bookworm. I thought it was appropriate!)

Just click on it to make it big once it loads up!


FE: Gift--Coloured by *Chajiko on deviantART

4 comments:

K said...

Excellent post. Well put. Much happier and less cross-eyed. Counting blessings helps you see them. Loved reading it, except the part accusing me of spoilage. I love the picture. As always, good movement, wonderful detail, intriguing characters.

Murphy said...

Oh that's fantastic!
I had forgotten the full splendor and glory of that image. I love the shadowing, it gives it such depth.
And yes, I feel the same way about the blessings :)
loves.

Ginna said...

Hey! Yay I knew you'd find it. That makes me happy. And I'm glad you don't feel like we're too far away. Isn't it nice to get to connect all the time in so many different ways?
Love the picture and love you!!

K said...

So - did you get the gloves?